The sole purpose of running a behavioral health facility is to help those struggling with their mental health and/or substance abuse. So why should you (or your clinicians) be wasting any time on following up with payments. As more and more patients come through your facility, the more patient responsibility collections pile up on your desk, causing you to leave revenue on the table. At Billing Solutions, we’re experts in behavioral health billing and can offer a myriad of ways to optimize your billing and collections process — so in turn, you can maximize your revenue.
Outsource Your Collections Management
The process of patient responsibility collections is very complex and needs to be managed by an expert. Utilizing a third-party billing company will help you ensure you’re receiving the owed revenue from patients. At Billing Solutions, our financial experts take care of the complexities of collections, such as:
- Patient responsibility collections directly to patients or guarantors via letters and phone calls
- Tracking all patient payments to your facility to provide the most accurate accounting of what you are still owed by the patient/guarantor and the insurance company
- Concrete records showing proof of deductible and copay collections and collection attempts
- Comprehensive monthly reports showing patient balances and progress toward collections
- Managing payment plans for your patients, approved by you
Benefits of Outsourcing Your Patient Responsibility Collections
In addition to saving you time, outsourcing your collections to a third-party billing company will also benefit you in many other ways:
- It relieves tension from payment disputes between you and your patients.
- You’ll be able to focus on your core-competency and give all your energy into caring for your patients.
- All questions about billing and collections from patients will be directed to Billing Solutions, relieving your clinicians from taking time out of their day to answer patient questions.
- We’ll ensure your patient responsibility collections happen thoroughly and timely.
- By not regulating your collections process, you could be losing up to 25% of your revenue. With Billing Solutions managing all collections, you can maximize your revenue.
To find out how much revenue your behavioral health facility is currently losing out on, give us a call. We’ll provide you with a free account review and analysis. Then we’ll advise on not only how much revenue you could be losing to uncollected patient responsibility payments, but all areas in your facility’s revenue cycle that could be significantly decreasing your revenue.